Thursday 26 February 2009

Safe

Curled into myself
Trying desperately to close my thoughts away
Needing to run, to hide, to shut down for awhile
Till I have control of my thoughts once more
Silent tears falling, voices in my ears
Telling me I am worthless, telling me the truth
Hearing the words inside my head
Knowing they are lies yet believing them as truths

His voice breaks through my darkness
I try to turn away
I need to keep my distance, I cannot let Him near
His hand reaches out for me, His voice so soft yet clear
Take My hand and let me help you
Let Me take this pain from you
Trust in your Master my kitten
Trust I will always help you

Slowly my hand reaches for His
My rock in this cold dark place
His voice replacing the other ones
His words not cruel like theirs
Gently He talks to me
Softly His reasoning breaks through
His strength wrapped around me
Feeling safe within His protection

Starting to panic, not used to the love or care
Struggling to pull away, needing to fight for myself
I can’t close down, I can’t shut off, panic setting in
I need to lash out, I need to run, I need to go away
I hide my thought, I hide my fears, I cannot leave them here
Twisting in His arms, I try to pull away
I’m scared, so scared, please let me go
I need to protect myself, not let anyone too close

His arms tighten around me, His strength seeps through
Holding me tight He will not let go, His body taking my tears
Your safe with Me, never doubt that My kitten, this is where you belong
No more running, no more hiding, unless you run to Me
Take My strength, take all you need, I am strong enough for both
Let yourself be open, as you are only open to Me
You are home now, no more fear, this is how it will be
With all that I am I will protect you and keep you safe from harm

No comments: