Tuesday 7 February 2012

Trust

There are many things I am passionate about, many things I will go to bat for and a few people I will defend and support to the end of the earth regardless of whether I think they are in the right or wrong.

Sometimes that loyalty is misplaced, I know this. How do I know ? Mainly 'cos when I defend or tell someone that what they ell me is in confidence and will not be shared, I am giving them my word that that is the case, I will not try to 'score' points with another and will not use what is said for my own gain.......... However ......... that is not always the case with other people...... and that to me is something I really cannot understand.

If a persons word is their bond why do so many people renegade on that ? Why does the mouth say something when they have no intention of actually being true to their word when as soon as an opportunity present itself they do something completely different ?

I must admit I do get confused and upset by how people act and behave, after all there really is no need. If scoring points or getting revenge is the motive at least be upfront and direct about it.
All too often people use other people for their own ends and leave a wake of hurt and saddened people behind them. Their motive is self gain and usually the self gain is only evident to themselves.

Trust is something i have a hard time giving to people - usually 'cos they have used or hurt me in some way in their pursuit of the 'prize' what ever that may be to them. In their wake they have caused me trouble and anguish, tears and sorrow and a lot of times blame and recriminations. After all if something appears one way stands to reason that is how it will e perceived by another person until proof and evidence points to the guilty party.

Guess the reason I am writing all this mumble jumble is to ask people to look around them, to realize that what they do affects people in ways they cannot imagine. Passing on things told in confidence or read or written hurts more people than just the one you are trying to either influence or get revenge on .. innocent people are left by the way side and for what ? For the need to be 'the one' or the desire to live a certain way with a certain person ? Is the animosity and hurt you leave really worth it ? And if you feel it is............ does that make you a good person ?

No comments: