Saturday 16 January 2010

Be True To Yourself

All to often we are drawn into the persona that a person projects of themselves, especially if they are ones we interact with online only. They can pretend to be whom ever they want to be, from the perfect slave who lives to serve her Master to a rocket scientist who was responsible for the latest launch, we take them at face value because we have no real way of knowing if what they are saying is true. We trust them to be honest with us as we are being honest with them.

When you have a preconceived idea of a person because of how they portray themselves online it makes things hard when you meet them in real time, the pretense is no longer able to be there, they have to be who they really are and if you spend time with them then their true nature comes out. This can and often is a shock as they are nothing remotely similar to what they have said they were.

All to often it is easy to become someone or something that you wish you were, this is apparent when a person has multiple profiles or user names on social sites, they 'swop' personalities when it suits them depending on who they are interacting with. A person can be a sub- a slave - a switch - hell just about anything they wish to be and along with that character they can also have the body of their dreams, the life that others can only envy and so much more.

To be true to yourself means that you are happy and content with WHO YOU REALLY ARE. I know my faults, i know my shortcomings and i also know my strengths and just who i am, that does not change. I go on certain sites and i am me, if you were to meet me in person i would still be the same, my body would still be slender, my hair shoulder length and my personality would be the same quirky, fun loving, loyal and faithful one it is now. I am who i am and that does not change because i am happy with who i am. I have no need to try to tell people i am everything they are hoping to be, i do not need to pretend to be something i am not.

All too often people do not like where they are in their lives and so they have to live a fantasy, this only works if you are not looking for more out of your life, if you are content to have only an online existence. I desire more, i deserve more and so i am who i am. The friends i have know and love me for being me, they are people i can count on in real time and they support me through all the times of stress and trouble as i support them.

Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself, who are you really ? I can ask this because the answer for my is always the same ......... i am kitten - no more - no less - just me and that is good enough for me

No comments: